Monday, October 23, 2017

PRACTICE # 9 - PRESENT PERFECT

Grammar

Copy the notes below:

The present perfect simple expresses an action that is still going on or that stopped recently, but has an influence on the present.


Form of Present Perfect
PositiveNegativeQuestion
I / you / we / theyI have spoken.I have not spoken.Have I spoken?
he / she / itHe has spoken.He has not spoken.Has he spoken?

For irregular verbs, use the participle form (see list of irregular verbs, on book page 164). For regular verbs, just add “ed”.

Examples:
She has written five letters.
School has not started yet.
She has cooked dinner.
I have never been to Australia.


Solve the exercises below:

Have or has

Exceptions in Spelling when adding ‚ed‘

Positive sentences with present perfect
https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/present-perfect-simple/exercises?04

Negative sentences with present perfect:

Subject + have/has + not + verb in past participle + complement
Example
I have not finished my homework
She has not come home

https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/present-perfect-simple/exercises?05









No comments:

Post a Comment